Bonjour mes amies! This is such an exciting post because guess who I’m collabing with… the wonderful Ella from ahappilyellaafter. You should go check out her picnic essentials because her blog is so aesthetically pleasing, and her posts are amazing! Go give her a like and follow because she is seriously such a positive, inspiring, and passionate person, and her blog shows it!
In the spirit of spring, this post is about our picnic essentials. One of my favorite things to do is have cute picnics with my friends or have family picnics on the beach, so I really hope that me and Ella can inspire you to go outside and have a great time with your loved ones!
My Picnic Essentials
Things To Bring
- Picnic Basket
- Picnic Blanket
- Polaroid- for cute pictures of you and your friends
- Sunglasses- to protect those eyes from the sun’s rays and look stylish while doing it
- Spring outfit- to get in the spring mood
- Straw hat- to give yourself some shade and bring back the vintage vibes
- Flower bouquets- flowers bring a little happiness to everything 🙂
- Fairy lights- if you are having your picnic at night, these add a sweet touch and provide light as the sun sets
The best food for picnic is food that is easy to pack and to eat. These are my favorites for some picnic inspiration…
- Sparkling lemonade- classy and delicious
- Fresh fruit- blueberries, strawberries, raspberries
- Baguette- the best bread ever
- Little finger sandwiches- easy to eat and yummy
- Macarons- for dessert
Bonus: Blueberry Baquette Pincho Recipe
I’m a vegetarian, so I don’t eat sandwiches with meat which is why when I was introduced to this little sandwich in Spain, I was absolutely delighted. A pincho is a piece of sliced bread topped with a mixture of ingredients on top, and it is very popular in northern Spain. They are so delicious and perfect for a picnic.
Ingredients: wild blueberry jam, brie, lemon zest, and baguette
- Zest a lemon and reserve for later. (Tip: Add leftover lemon to your drink)
- Slice baguette and spread brie on top
- Place a dollop of jam on each bread slice and top with lemon zest
Thanks everyone for reading! I hope that you enjoyed this post and are inspired to get out there and have a picnic with your friends and family. Once again, make sure you go check out Ella’s blog because you won’t regret it!