Bonjour mes amies! Yesterday was the most beautiful day in all of weather existence. It was finally spring. The sun was shining, the flowers were blooming, and the birds were singing, and my inner flower child was so happy. Maybe its the fact that Coachella is this weekend or maybe it’s because I miss Hawaii, but I thought making a flower crown was the perfect craft for a lovely spring day.
I hope this post inspires you to make a crown yourself or to go outside and enjoy the fresh air. This would be such a fun craft to do on earth day which is coming up in the next few weeks *wink wink*. Now let’s embrace our inner hippie!
How To Make A Flower Crown
- Flowers, flowers, and more flowers
- Floral tape
- Clear tape
- Flexible wire (green looks best)
- Start by bending your wire into a circle. The size will depend on how big you want the crown to be (larger for your head and smaller for a bracelet).
- Next, take a small piece of clear tape and attach your first flower to the wire by its stem.
- Take a larger piece of floral tape and slowly rap it around the flower stem, making sure that the blossom faces out.
- As you wrap the floral tape, start incorporating other flower stems into the wrapping. Supplement the stems with clear tape if necessary.
- Continue this process until you have covered your wire completely.
- When you are finished, you can tuck smaller flowers into bare spots, so that the crown is completely filled.
I’m obsessed with how the flower crown turned out, and I’m definitely going to be making more with my friends this summer. I let my imagination take hold as far as the floral arrangement is concerned, and I tried not to put too much emphasis on making sure it looked absolutely perfect. I enjoyed this lovely spring day especially because I know that at least where I live, we get a few days of perfect spring before it becomes sweltering hot. At least that means summer is on the way (sorry southern hemisphere)!
I hope you all enjoyed this post. TBH I was having a really stressful morning (ACT test day) and was feeling really anxious, but sitting outside in the fresh air and letting my creativity lose on the flower crown made my day 1000x better. Thank you all for reading, and I wish you a happy and inspiring Sunday!
QOTD: What is your favorite flower?